What is Resveratrol?
You’ve probably heard of the health benefits of red wine, studies show that this could be all be down to Resveratrol. Resveratrol is a plant compound that acts like an antioxidant. In fact, Resveratrol has been linked to many exciting health benefits including protecting brain function, heart health and longevity.
Resveratrol can be found in red wine, grapes, some berries and peanuts, however it is very difficult to get enough Resveratrol from food alone. Most studies on Resveratrol use a high amount, something that can only be obtained via supplementation.
About our Resveratrol
In these capsules you will find pure trans-resveratrol – not a diluted or low quality plant extract found in many resveratrol products on the market. We have combined our trans-resveratrol with piperine, which has been shown to increase the bioavailability of Resveratrol.
The abandonment of magnesium salts increases the bioavailability and helps the body to absorb the active ingredients.
What can Resveratrol do?
- Resveratrol increases activity of the sirtuins – SIRT1 and SIRT3, in particular.
- Resveratrol may help lower blood pressure by increasing the production of nitric oxide.
- Resveratrol may benefit blood fats in animals. Researchers found that mice who were given Resveratrol on average had lower total cholesterol levels and body weight, and their levels of “good” HDL cholesterol increased. They also found that Resveratrol may decrease the oxidation of “bad” LDL cholesterol.
- Resveratrol has been shown to increase lifespan in animals. There is still ongoing research in regards to how to works, but early evidence shows that Resveratrol activates certain genes that ward off the diseases of aging. However, there is no evidence that this is the case in humans.
- As a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound, Resveratrol shows promise in protecting brain cells from damage.
- Resveratrol has been shown to mimic the effects of fasting.
How to take Resveratrol
Take 1 capsule one to two times daily or as recommended by your health professional.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that individual results may vary. All data is based on scientific research. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet.